The IPB maintains a specialized academic library with professional journals and monographs focusing on chemistry, biochemistry and biology.
Opening hours for IPB visitors:
- Monday - Thursday
8:00-12:00 hrs and 13:00-16:00 hrs
8:00-12:00 hrs and 13:00-14:00 hrs
0049 345 55 82 1621
- For IPB staff members
the library is accessible at all times.
- Currently the library has some 30,000 volumes and 6,000 books
- Only monographs can be borrowed – typically for up to four weeks.
- Journals and journal volumes as well as university publications and reference books in the reading room may not be borrowed.
- New users are asked to contact the help desk. They will be given a guided tour of the library rooms and familiarized with the range of services provided.
- The library is accessible at all times for IPB staff members.
- All other users have access to library services only during official opening hours.
- Please, start your literature search in the IPB OPAC. Literature that is not available at the institute can be ordered via the library. Please, use the respective form on the Intranet or ask the library staff.
- User training is provided on every first Wednesday of a month.
The IPB library is accommodated in an annexe to the institute that was specifically converted and outfitted in 1997.
- Coat hangers, the lending service desk and catalogs are located in the entrance area
- The reading room offers 18 working spaces (incl. six computer workstations), a reference library with encyclopedias, dictionaries, manuals, atlases and similar as well as a journal stand.
- Library depot is only accessible to library staff and institute members.
- Coin-operated copying machine is available in the copier room.
- Five brainstorming room are provided on the top floor visitors, graduands and PhD students.
Department: Administration and Infrastructure
Job Title: Library Services
+49 (0) 345 5582 1621
+49 (0) 345 5582 1009
- Registration and de-registration / lending
- Professional information and expertise / literature research
- Media procurement and processing
- Invoice processing
- Stock maintenance
- Negotiations with publishing houses / service providers (license agreements)
This page was last modified on 25.05.2020.